We’re looking for PAW-some (balloon)-dog sitters to volunteer at a unique open air art exhibition during 15 July – 3 Sept that will be helping to raise money for Julia’s House children’s hospice.
The Big Dog Art Trail, organised by Julia’s House and Wild in Art, will feature 30 supersized balloon dog sculptures, or ‘Swindogs’, alongside 41 super-cute mini Swinpups, to be located across some of Swindon’s key attractions: the Designer Outlet, Swindon Town Football Club’s county ground, the beautiful Lydiard Park and Town Gardens and the historic STEAM Museum.
If you’re up for something fun and different this summer and have a few hours to spare, please complete our volunteer form by clicking the link below:
Complete our volunteer enquiry form
Working in pairs between 11am – 3pm, your role will be to patrol key locations across the art trail…
- Chatting to the public about Julia’s House and the sculptures featured on The Big Dog Art Trail
- Encouraging the public to download the free art trail app and visit all of the sculptures
- Replenishing maps at key locations across the trail
- Helping maintain any mucky pups by reporting any damages to the sculptures to the Big Dog Team
We also have a fantastic opportunity to volunteer for the art trail’s Farewell weekend between 15-18 September at the STEAM Museum, supporting our Events and Fundraising Team as we bring all the sculptures together for one last time.
The trail runs for 8 weeks across the summer, however we are particularly looking for support over 10 key trail dates:
- 15th & 16th July – Trail launch
- 22nd & 23rd July
- 26th July – Sculpture Big Run
- 29th & 30th July – Pimms in the Park at Lydiard Park
- 5th & 6th August
- 12th & 13th August
- 15th August – Sponsors’ Selfie Challenge
- 19th & 20th August
- 26th & 27th August
- 2nd & 3rd September